Moving Tips – Spartan Van Lines Moving Company Guaranteed Peace of Mind.
Please review the following moving tips and recommendations on how you can better prepare yourself for move day.
- Clear out unwanted goods – hold a garage sale.
- Get rid of flammables – paint, petrol, gas, aerosol cans, propane tanks etc.
- Do not pack liquids, alcohol, and oil, cleaning supplies, detergent or other items that may leak.
- Empty fuel from mowers, clippers, trimmers and so on.
- Clothes – do you need them all? Downsizing through donation is always a good idea.
- Books – do you need them all?
- Disconnect electronics and label electric cables.
- See if you still have the original boxes for electronics and other goods.
- Arrange to have mail forwarded to your new address.
- Make a list. Who needs to be notified of your change of address?
- Arrange termination date for electricity, gas, cable, telephone and other main suppliers.
- If you have children, separate cherished toys to travel with you.
- Keep personal documentation – marriage/birth certificates, passports, driving licenses and so on separate so they are not packed.
- Keep jewelry, medications and valuables in a safe place close to you.
- Prepare a few changes of clothes, toiletries and other necessities for the period of time you will be without your belongings.
- Please make arrangements for pets to be in a safe place on move day.
- Downsize perishables and contents of freezers and refrigerators.
- Arrange your finances – close or transfer bank accounts and so on, if necessary.
- Shops, schools, theaters, life styles – it’s never too early to find out about how you can best enjoy your new home.
If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to call your Spartan Van Lines representative at 855-597-5900